Category Archive: Economy
- Is Toronto in a bubble? Interesting discussion with a mortgage broker
DECEMBER 20, 2011
- Are vacancy rates a leading indicator of house prices?
DECEMBER 16, 2011
- Credit bites back
NOVEMBER 30, 2011
- Flow of bad news...
NOVEMBER 23, 2011
- Europe heading back into recession; OECD leading indicators decline again; Interest rate cut still priced in
NOVEMBER 21, 2011
- Canadian employment withers; Vancouver and area inventory builds as prices feel the heat; China's property bubble deflating?
NOVEMBER 07, 2011
- Employment quality deteriorating; Business confidence drops again; Credit demand decelerates
NOVEMBER 03, 2011
- Canadian inflation heats up; Why housing won't carry us through a recession; Positive mortgage in arrears data
OCTOBER 21, 2011
- Ed Clark on the Canadian economy; Retail sales preview...blue Christmas?
OCTOBER 20, 2011
- More thoughts on Canada's debt bubble; Moody's chimes in on Canadian banks; Other random data points
SEPTEMBER 19, 2011
- How vulnerable are the economies of various Canadian cities? Part 2
SEPTEMBER 16, 2011
- How vulnerable are the economies of various Canadian cities? Part 1
SEPTEMBER 14, 2011
- The confidence economy
SEPTEMBER 12, 2011
- Mortgage crazy! A look at loan approvals by province
SEPTEMBER 08, 2011
- Where housing goes, so goes the Canadian economy: Why a housing correction would CAUSE a recession, not the other way around
AUGUST 31, 2011
- Lessons from Texas: HELOC growth and recessions...
AUGUST 21, 2011
- Bank of Canada Review released: Flaherty now under pressure to adjust down payment rules
AUGUST 18, 2011
- Revisiting the "population growth drives house prices" argument: Still leaking like a sieve
AUGUST 15, 2011
- Charting the growth of Canada's mortgage monster: What now, Mr. Flaherty?
JULY 21, 2011
- Owe Canada! A look at our total outstanding debt as a nation
JUNE 28, 2011